Gay Marriage in DC!

I'm from just outside Washington D.C., I grew up rooting for the Washington sports teams and taking very frequent trips to DC via Metro to my dad's office or to sporting events. In high school I would go to DC to visit museums, shop, or just hang out with friends and I still do the same things now.

Today is a historic day in the District: It is the first day that gay couples can submit applications to marry in the city.

Score one for the District, and hopefully my home state, Maryland, will soon follow-suit.

March 9 is the first day that gay marriages can be performed in the city after applications have been processed. I'm happy to say I will be in the city then and will be celebrating a great day.

The Washington Post has a great article on this historic day and the couples who have been lining up since early this morning to submit marriage license applications at the DC Superior Court.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

All posts are written by Will Wrigley -- a politics nerd, music-lover and a barely comprehensible writer.